What: BTA Bike Swap at PDX Bicycle Show!
- Bargains on used gear for experienced cyclist, families and new riders.
- Clear out your garage, basement or shed by getting ride of bikes and gear that you no longer need.
- Help the Bicycle Transportation Alliance, the Community Cycling Center & You!
How: Three ways to get ride of your stuff!
- Individual Bike Swap Table. Buy a table and spend the weekend at the show selling your stuff. 1 day or 2 day options. Click Here to Register for an Individual Table
- Consignment! Consign with the BTA. We’ll sell it for you and split the proceeds. You must label everything and drop it off at the Expo Center during designated times. Anything that doesn’t sell must be picked up at the end of the Swap.
- Donate! Donate your stuff, take a tax deduction and your worries are over. Items that aren’t sold or picked up by the end of the PDX Bicycle Show will be donated to the Community Cycling Center.
When: March 23rd & 24th
The PDX Bicycle Show is Saturday, March 23, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday, March 24, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The Bike Swap is open during the show hours. Entry to the BTA Bike Swap is included with your ticket to the PDX Bicycle Show!
Special Bike Swap Buying Times:
- VIP Shopper Hour (Saturday) – Get a jump on the competition by being one of the first buyers at the Swap! The first hour of the Swap will be open only to active BTA Members, so you get your pick of the best gear. VIP Shopping Hours is Saturday, March 23rd from 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Gambler’s Sale (Sunday) – For the final two hours of the Swap, everything that’s remaining with be 30% off the already low prices! Gambler’s Sale will be on Sunday, March 24th from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Consignment items only!
Where: Portland Expo Center, 2060 N. Marine Dr. Portland, OR 97217
The Portland Expo Center is conveniently located along Interstate 5, between Downtown Portland and Vancouver, Washington, and is served directly by TriMet’s MAX light rail Yellow Line.
Find your cycling route by Clicking Here!
The BTA Bike Swap will need volunteers for setting up before the show and also during the Swap. Each time you volunteer 1 shift (approx 3.5 hours), you will get a free ticket to the PDX Bicycle Show. You are free to enjoy the show both before and after your volunteer shift. Register to volunteer by Clicking Here.
General Swap Info:
- The Bike Swap is open to the public. Member and Non-Members may buy and/or sell items under the terms listed below.
- There is no additional entrance fee to the sale. Your ticket to the PDX Bicycle Show gets you into the Swap, with the only caveat being that Saturday, March 23rd from 10:00 am to 11:00 am is VIP Shopper Hour for BTA Members Only.
- Payment should be made using Cash, Personal Check and VISA/Mastercard.
Information for Sellers:
- All items offered for sale should be bike related and associated with bicycling activities. Due to space limitations, items like kayaks, ski’s, snowboards, etc cannot be accepted.
- All bicycle equipment should be in good working order, clean, and usable.
- The Bike Swap Area is open only to Individuals (no bicycle shops or businesses). The goal is to offer Individuals a chance to sell or trade gear with fellow bicyclists at the show!
Individual Swap Table Info:
- If you purchase a Bike Swap table, we will provide a 6′ foot table, one chair, and lots of potential buyers!
- You bring your pre-priced swap items to the Expo Center on Saturday morning between 8:30 am and 9:30 am.
- You will be your own cashier, so you should have ample change and small bills. If you choose to accept credit cards, you must have your own card reading device (ex. Square reader).
- Space is limited and is first come/first serve. Sign up using the Bike Swap Registration to confirm your space.
- Each Swap Table receives one (1) passes to the show ($10 Value). Additional family and guests will need to pay general admission to enter the show ($10 for adults and children 12 & under are free).
- Deadline to register is March 17th, but tables will most likely sell out prior to March 17th at it is First come/First serve.
Donate: This is the easiest option for you plus it helps the Bicycle Transportation Alliance the most!
When you donate your used gear and bikes, you can drop off your items at the BTA offices, drop off at the former Tazo Tea warehouse or we will come pick your items up! We will take care of everything else and you will receive a donation receipt for your tax-deductible charitable contribution. See below for drop-off times and places or contact Lois at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-870-0057 if you would like your donated items picked up.
Consignment: You can consign your items and we will sell them for you!
- Decide what price you wish to charge for each item, keeping in mind that buyers are looking for bargains and you are looking to unload some stuff that you don’t use.
- Download Item Tags and print them on cardstock or full-sheet label paper. Prepare a separate tag for each item and affix it so that it can not accidentally come off. DOWNLOAD TAG HERE
- Download a Tally Sheet and create a list of all of your items. This list must include your name, a mailing address (so we can send you a check), your phone number (so we can call if there is a question), your item’s descriptions and the price. DOWNLOAD TALLY SHEET HERE
- Bring your Pre-priced items and your Tally Sheet to us and we willl take care of the rest including: loading your items into the online catalog so buyers can find your gear, transporting your gear to the Expo Center, displaying your gear for sale during the 2-day BTA Bike Swap, and collecting money from buyers!
Below are the drop-off places and times:
- From January 7th until February 28th, Monday thru Friday from 10am to 4pm, you can bring your gear to the BTA office in downtown Portland at 618 NW Glisan Street, Unit #401. If you have large items, entire bikes or lots of stuff, call us from the door buzzer and we will gladly come downstairs to help you.
- From March 1st to March 19th, you can drop off your items at the super convenient former Tazo Tea warehouse at 123 SE 2nd Avenue. Volunteers will be there Tuesdays from 5-8pm, Thursdays from 5-8pm and Saturdays from 1-4pm. We can also meet you there at other times if you contact Lois at email@example.com or 216-870-0057. The warehouse entrance is near SE 2nd and SE Ankeny and there will be a bright green BTA tent near the door.
More about Consignment Option:
- We will transport your Consignment items to the Expo Center, enter them into the online database, merchandise them, and do our best to sell them at the BTA Bike Swap. In exchange for all this, 40% of the sales price will go towards supporting the Bicycle Transportation Alliance and 60% will go to you.
- All unsold Consignment items must be picked up at the Expo Center on Sunday March 24 between 4pm-6pm. Any items that are not picked up will be donated to The Community Cycling Center and you will receive a donation receipt for your tax-deductible charitable contribution.
- Consignment Sellers will receive 60% of the price realized for their items. Payment for items sold will be by check and will be mailed to the Seller approximately two weeks after the sale.
- We have instituted numerous security precautions during the Swap, but can not be responsible for any unsold items which are not able to be located or are stolen.
If you have any questions or need additional information, contact Lois at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-870-0057.